- Published on Monday, 11 July 2011 14:08
- Written by Staff Reporter
USA – Creative production, technology and solutions company Peeq Media and one of Japan’s largest print and packaging companies Toppan Printing have formed a joint venture, Toppax, that combines the companies’ commercial printing businesses currently serving New York, New Jersey and Connecticut primarily.
Peeq Media will now become a wholly owned and operating subsidiary of Toppax, which is jointly held by Peeq Media Holdings and Toppan America, a wholly owned subsidiary of Toppan Printing.
“By bringing together Peeq Media with Toppan Printing, these two communications leaders can now extend their reach,” said Jeff Sinaw, CEO of Peeq Media who now becomes CEO of Toppax. “This alliance will empower our clients to take advantage of innovative global branding solutions with a single point of accountability for high-quality print work, out-of-home advertising, materials sourcing and logistics services.”
“This alliance is certainly very promising,” echoed Shingo Ohkado, president and CEO of Toppan America. “Our clients will also be able to enjoy significant benefits from the alliance with Peeq Media and its cutting edge products and services. Simultaneously, Toppan Printing can reinforce its position in the US market.”
Toppax will deliver clients significant synergies including:
- The ability to leverage the Toppan Printing’s international network of local expertise and contacts—especially those in Asia—when a Toppax client extends its brand globally
- Peeq Media’s unique, client-facing technology solutions, including browser-based services and unique tracking and reporting tools
- The deeper confidence in consistent branding and quality control across countries through a global marketing supply chain
- Increased cost-savings on material and logistics that can also decrease a brand’s global environmental impact
- The benefits of Toppan Printing’s annual US$1.25 billion investment in research and development to create new, cutting-edge solutions.
About Peeq Media
Peeq Media has more than 45 years of real-world experience in helping agencies and marketers develop brands. The company was founded under the name Color by Pergament in 1960 and merged with EMR Systems in 2006 and with Blue Ocean Worldwide in 2008.
The company has a specialty expertise leveraging IT services, enabling marketers to reach their audiences in a compelling, targeted fashion. Peeq Media provides image management, photo retouching, large format photographic, large format specialty inkjet, multimedia engagement zones, billboards, transit ads, vehicle wraps, lithographic printing, and direct-to-press digital printing to many prominent agencies, retailers, and corporations.
Peeq Media’s client list includes Coach, Victoria’s Secret, CBS Outdoor, HBO and many other Fortune 500 companies.
About Toppan Printing
Founded in 1900, Toppan Printing has a huge presence in Asia including tremendous growth in China. It has 29 local subsidiaries in 11 countries and employs 48,000 people. In the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011 Toppan posted revenues of US$19 billion.
Examples of its innovation include display advances in color filters for LCD TVs, next-generation products like solar cells and fuel cells that hold the promise of clean energy, and life-sciences products such as SNP chips for gene therapy.