JAPAN – Driven by a technological and innovative approach to deliver maximum value-add benefits to both brand owner and consumer, Japan’s plastic packaging sector sales topped US$13.8 billion on a total production shipment volume of 3,510,000 tons in FY2013-14.
|Report Details - Plastics Packaging Market Data Analysis: Japan|
Format: A4 Pdf
Data Tables: 47
- Single User: US$885
- Site License: US$2,200
- Enterprise Wide: US$5,50
According to the new data intensive report from Singapore-based publisher EP Resources Pte Ltd - Plastics Packaging Market Data Analysis: Japan – this represented a 1.3% increase year-on-year in volume production of 45,000 tons, and a 2.3% increase year-on-year in the value of plastic packaging shipments into the market of ¥37.9 billion.
In the context of the entire Japanese plastics industry’s total production volume of 10,580,000 tons of plastic materials (thermoplastic resins), the packaging sector accounted for more than 3,512,000 tons, or approximately 33% of overall production.
On a tonne-per-tonne basis, plastic has demonstrated that it is a considerably cheaper packaging medium than other materials in the packaging sector, averaging ¥21,110 per ton shipped - this compares with the largest material segment, paper, which averaged ¥49,916 per ton; plastics represents the highest value-add performer across the entire packaging sector.
Plastics Packaging Market Data Analysis: Japan examines the growth trends of the Japanese plastic packaging industry statistics across a 15-year period, and delivers insight and perspective behind the key trends in the plastics packaging sector in Japan.
With more than 47 comprehensive data tables and 75 charts and illustrations, the data presented in this report takes a medium and long-term perspective in terms of 5-year and 15-year transitions, year-on-year comparisons, etc. It analyses:
- Sales of Packaging Containers and Materials, by Type, Value and provides Year-on-year comparisons with other packaging materials.
- Production and Shipment Volumes of Packaging Containers and Materials, by Type, Values and Year-on-year material comparisons.
- Sales of Packaging Equipment & Machinery by machine type, Values and Year-on-year comparisons.
- Growth Trends in material production and end use.
The data is analysed by:
- Material types, including PET, PE, LDPE/LLDPE, HDPE, OPP, CPP, Polystyrene (GP/HIPS), PSP, etc
- Packaging formats, including Film & Sheet, Blow-molded containers, Injection molded containers, Laminated flexibles, Foam products and Extrusion Molded Articles
This report also includes an analysis of Japan’s Plastics Packaging Recycling sector, complete with data on recovery volumes, values and end-use markets for both PET and recycled mixed plastics.