Why are these important?
|Click image to view samples
This report includes the full text of the following legislation:
- Prevention & Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste Law
- Cleaner Production Promotion Law
- Circular Economy Promotion Law
- China’s Package Recycling Master Plan: Method for Administration on Recycling Packaging Materials
- Catalog of Packaging Materials to be Recycled, Reused, and Managed
- Excessive Packaging Ordinance: Trade Restrictions on Over-Packaging Regulations
- Requirements of Restricting Excessive Packaging for Foods and Cosmetics
- State Council Notice on the Restriction of the Production, Sale & Usage of Plastic Shopping Bags
- Notice on the Restriction on Import of Household Waste
- China’s REACH Measures: Measures on the Environmental Control of New Chemical Substances
- Solid Waste Law
- Amendments to the Criminal Code relating to environmental pollution
Since 2008 more than 20 new regulations have entered force in China that ban the import of certain types of packaging waste from overseas as raw materials, prohibit ‘excessive packaging’ restricting both volume and number of permitted packaging layers, curtail and tax the ubiquitous plastic shopping bag.
In a move similar to the EU’s REACH Measures, after 1 October 2010 all new chemical substances produced or imported into China will require analysis by local laboratories prior to registration – whether registered under REACH or not.
The principal of Extended Producer Responsibility – producer pays - lies at the core of the new Chinese legislative process in which ‘the entity responsible for the pollution shall be responsible for the clean-up and the entity creating the package shall be responsible for the disposal’ this means taxes and levies.
New waste management legislation requires that all packaging must be reusable, recyclable or compostable – no other forms of packaging will be permitted to enter the market.
While amendments to the Criminal Code can hold company directors and executives personally responsible for environmental pollution attracting penalties of up to seven years hard labour.
Who will be affected?
Every company that supplies packaging material or equipment, uses, purchases, manufactures or sells packaging or in China or exports packaged product from China will be impacted by these legislative changes.
Who needs this report?
Brand Owners, Packaging Manufacturers, Equipment Manufacturers & Substrate Manufacturers
ANYONE who does business in or with Cina needs this report to ensure compliance with local regulations:-
- Compliance Officers
- Legal Departments
- Busienss Development Managers
- Procurement Managers
- Packaging Technoligists
- Packaging Designers
What is included in the price?
- 196 page pdf
- The FULL TEXT of 12 key legislative instruments & mandatory standards from China
- Detailed Analysis of China's Environmental Packaging Material Recycling Master Plan
- More than 46 figures, charts and diagrams detailing how the legislative process operates and functions of the key government agencies in the process.
An essential compliance reference
This report, China Packaging & Environmental Laws – A Compliance Guide, includes the full, translated text of 12 key legislative instruments currently in force in Japan and China and is an essential legal reference for company compliance officers and legal departments.
This report relies on primary sources; interviews with major industry players and policy makers in Beijing, secondary sources, such as Intergovernmental Environmental Panel Reports and Minutes of Cabinet meeting are used to provide commentary and understanding of the laws and their intended impact.
About the Author
Singapore based Stuart Hoggard has over 15 years experience of the Asian packaging sector as publisher of various trade magazines.
He organized the first Sustainablity conference held in Asia “Packaging: Sustaining the Asian Environment”, on behalf of the Asian Packaging Federation Conference and Packaging Council of Singapore held in Singapore in November 2007.
He is a sought after guest speaker at various conferences having addressed the US Sustainable Packaging Coalition conference in San Francisco in 2008 and at the Thai Ministry of Industrial Development conference on Environmental Packaging 2008, Tokyo International Packaging Symposium in September 2008, and more recently the Flexible Packaging Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil in June 2010, he also delivers Packaging Sustainability training to companies on a consultancy basis.
He has been a judge at the Asia Star, the Asian Packaging Federation packaging awards and at the World Packaging Organization World Star judging in Tokyo, and is the author of several reports having written extensively on the topic of packaging sustainability.
What type of license do I need to Purchase?
- Single Site License: Allows an unlimited number of users within one organizational unit at a single location, through a single workstation/laptop etc. Typically for individuals, smaller organizations who wish to use the reports within a single business unit in a single country. No access from remote sites and no consortia or other forms of subscription sharing is allowed under this License.
- Multi-Site License: Applies to organizations with more than one location. A Multi-Site License permits an unlimited number of users at an unlimited number of sites within a single organization and allows the posting of the reports on a corporate intranet where access is restricted to the client organization's staff only.
How do we buy this report?
This report is available as a Pdf download only - it can be purchased by:
- Credit Card (Immediate Download) Please select your license from the drop-down menu below and follow the instructions - we use PayPal secure payment system - once the payment process is complete you will be issued with a receipt and receive an e-mail link and pass-code to download your report.
- By Invoice & Interbank Transfer/Bank Draft - Delayed Processing - please note - your report will be e-mailed once payment has been received. Please e-mail the publisher
- Report Title
- License Required
- Billing Details: Name, Company, Address
- Purchase Order ref (if required)